Views: 553 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-04-01 Origin: Site
Modular FRLs play an essential role in pneumatic components and air tools.
Modular FRL is also called an air treatment unit, divided into an air filter, air lubricator, and air regulator(pressure reducer because they can only reduce the air pressure and can not boost more pressure).
The three units can be used separately or make a combination to use. For example, air filter+air regulator = filter regulator, air filter+air regulator+air lubricator = three combinations or two combinations.
An FRL is an assembly that combines a filter, a pressure regulator, and a lubricator for your pneumatic system. When you observe dust particles dancing in the sunlight, you can see that even atmospheric air isn't pure.
After passing through a pneumatic compressor, it will also be hot, moist, and contaminated with rust-like soil particles.
Your system is at risk of contamination and damage if you use air in this situation, which will shorten the lifespan of its components.
Therefore, before the air gets to any air-driven equipment, it needs to be cleaned and lubricated as it travels downstream from your compressor.
Filter Regulator Lubricator is referred to by the abbreviation FRL. Although each component of an FRL unit can be ordered and installed separately, it is more typical for manufacturers to provide them as an integrated unit these days.
Air filter - After the compressor, the compressed air passes through the filter as the first cleaning stage. As the compressed air goes through the filter, liquid impurities like water or oil are separated, while solid contaminants like rust, dust, and dirt are captured.
General-purpose filters for removing water and solid particles, coalescing filters specifically for oil, and vapor removal filters for removing the odor and oil vapor are the three primary sorts of filters.
Air regulator - The pressure regulator is a particular type of valve.
Its purpose is to lower and regulate air pressure to the necessary level for pneumatic equipment downstream to function as effectively as possible.
Regardless of input pressure variations or downstream flow requirements, the air should be controlled to maintain a consistent output pressure.
There are typically two types of pressure regulators:
1. Relieving regulators, which can lower the air pressure and automatically release any surplus pressure downstream.
2. Non-relieving regulators, which call for an additional exhaust valve.
Air Lubricator - After being cleaned and regulated, the compressed air is injected with a controlled amount of lubricant by the lubricator component of the FRL to protect downstream elements from friction.
This lubricant also aids in clearing the system of any compressor oils that remain as oil vapor.
Hot selling products show
High pressure series
>To access more products please click the link to download the full FRL catalogue
5 Factors to choosing the right FRL for your compressed air system
The environment in which your unit operates affects the substance of that unit. Metal FRLs are required for industrial applications exposed to chemicals, salt, high heat, or cold for maximum durability. FRLs made of composite materials, such as polycarbonate or nylon, can be used in less demanding industries.
A lubricator is necessary and must always be installed at the final stage downstream on the air supply after any filtration for frequently used equipment like impact wrenches and ratchets. The tool or hose itself can be used to connect in-line lubricators.
Manually lubricate the necessary equipment with air tool oil: For instance, if only one air output is available, a fitted lubricator may not necessarily be required.
Additionally, some instruments, such as spray equipment and digital tire inflators, need little to no lubrication,and mechanical inflators only need lubrication once a month.
Therefore, frequent lubrication is not required and may hurt performance.
The airflow capacity of the FRL you chose must be greater than the airflow capacity of the tool you plan to use. Check manufacturer recommendations to match your regulator capacity to the demands of air tools, cylinders, etc.
Additionally, ensure sure the industry standards and thread sizes of the connections on your installation match the FRL unit connectors.
The largest particles determine your filter's capacity it can remove. Most applications require filters with a 5–40 micron rating, but for uses like pharmaceutical or medical; you can get filters with a 0.1–0.001 micron rating.
A manual or semi-automatic drain is usually installed at the bottom of a standard filter's filter bowl.
While a semi-automatic drain will automatically drain when the system is depressurized, the operator can still manually open the drain while in operation;
A manual drain needs the operator to manually remove the accumulated solid particles and liquids from the filter.
Auto drains are made to remove all impurities from the filter automatically.
They normally have a float that opens the drain when liquids get to a certain level and when the air system is depressurized. Some filters include an auto drain that can be purchased separately as an alternative.
Applications requiring high/continuous consumption or humid settings should use auto drains.
Advantage of Modular FRL
Easy replacement of the element
The element and the bowl are in one piece. Replacement can be done with simple tool.
Reduced required maintenance space: Max. 46% reduction
Better visibility & safer
All kinds of combination as you request
How to Use and Maintain
1. Buy the right size units, including filter, regulator, lubricator according to your actual requirements.
Use the right level of filtration, regular filtration is 5um, 20um, 30um, 40um
2. Before installing, please check whether it is damaged or broken during transport and whether any parts are loose.
3. Please install as arrow direction and keep the unit vertical.
4. For units with protection cover, please make sure covers are fixed before use to avoid the danger.
5. For pressure regulator or regular filter, please turn hand wheel to zero position, and then install pressure gauge. Let air go in and turn the wheel to a proper pressure.
6. For lubricator, it is required to adjusted the oil needle to zero position and add the oil below level line.
7. Please remove metal chips, dusts and oils stains in the tubes if you use metal tubes to connect.
8. PC transparent cup of the filter, lubricator are made of PC plastic material, no synthetic oil, organic solvent, chemical, cutting oil, volatile gas are allowed. In order to avoid destruction of material and affect safety of applications.
9.Use spanner to tighten the pressure meter while installing, never tighten with your hand.
10. Attached is the torque table below while tighten the connector, never exceed the range to avoid damage of device.
1. Please never use for delivering and management of the purpose of human life and body.
2. Never use in operation which rise obvious “Danger” and safety concern to human life and body.
3.Confirmation of safety shall avoid the following conditions which cause safety impact to human and damage of equipment.
1. Please never use in following situation
In outdoor dusty condition
Avoid chemicals, corrosive and inflammable gas; avoid sea water, high temperature place in surrounding
Exceed the condition in the specification of the product
In the place tend to receive rigorous shock impact, which affect the quality and stability of the products
2. Please do not make any modification or disassemble to the structure, Function of the product
3. Shut off the power switch and sir source properly before service and maintenance, avoid consequent hazard and damage of product.
4.Avoid consequent hazard and damage of product which assembling and operation.
1. Pay attention to the cleanliness of the pipeline which laying the pipe, avoid dust, dirt and leak proof tape been sucked into the pipeline. it affects the operation performance of the products.
2. Caution for strainer of filter
The pressure differential type strainer use only for pressure above 1.5 bar
Automatic float ball strainer use only for pressure above 1 bar
Care for the cleanliness of air and PC cups, avoid clogged by debris and dirt cause poor function of the strainer and leak
If you have any technique question,
please contact us email@example.com